[ index | gdpc | gsx | g3data | gperiodic | gmbase | mail me ]
GPeriodic is a program for looking up data of elements from the periodic table. This program also features a non-graphical interface.
This program was originally written by Kyle R. Burton.
- 2.0.10 : Minor code update & include translations
- Use the standard gtk+ about window
- Include the russian translation contributed by Michael Shigorin
- 2.0.9 : Minor code update & include translations
- Several minor fixed contributed from the Debian project has been merged.
- Italian and galician translations have been included.
- 2.0.8 : Minor code update
- Updated the menubar code to be gtk+ 2.4 compliant.
- 2.0.7 : Minor feature addition
- Change translations to include descriptions of elements.
- Turkish translation contributed by Osman Köseli.
- 2.0.6 : Minor bug fixes and feature addition
- Sebastien Bacher provided french translation and patched some translation bugs.
- Fixed some minor bugs in the internationalisation support.
- Minor fix of Makefile to improve .rpm generation.
- 2.0.5 : Minor bug fixes and feature addition
- Fixed some small internationalisation support bugs.
- Fixed documentation for internationalisation support.
- Added polish and danish translations.
- 2.0.4 : Minor feature addition
- Added internationalisation support.
- Added swedish translation.
- 2.0.3 : Minor feature addition and source cleanup
- Added "Appearance" and country of discovery to element data.
- Made some non-intrusive changes to the code to allow for translations with gettext.
- Fixed some segmentations faults when inputting nonexisting elements at the command line.
- Desktop icon and launcher added.
- 2.0.2 : Minor cleanup and addition of element data
- Corrected some misspellings and inconsistencies.
- Changed outlay of element popup window to conform to new data.
- Added "Lattice c/a ratio" and "Debye temperature" to element data.
- Minor cleanup of sourcecode, removed unnecessary gtk+ calls.
- Minor cleanup of about window.
- 2.0.1 : Added new data for elements
- Discovery Date, Discovered By and Named For data added for all elements by Piotr Najman
- 2.0.0 : Ported to gtk+ 2.x and removal of bloating features (changes from 1.3.3)
- Cleanup of the code, removal of unnecessary automake/autoconf setup
- Removed deprecated gtk+ functions
- Removed dependencies on non-gtk+ functions
- Removed internationalization support
- Removed sound support
- Removed interaction support
- Added slected parts of the temperature dependent coloring scheme found in CVS
Older versions of GPeriodic can be found here.
This screenshot shows the main window of GPeriodic, by clicking on one of the element buttons
a popup window with information on this element will appear.
The information popup window of boron.
Software on this page are free software released under the GNU
General Public License.
Feel free to e-mail us with comments, questions or suggestions.
Jonas Frantz <jonas.frantz(at)welho.com>